Remember Dreams with Easy Steps
You had a GREAT dream last night….
But what was it?
Here is a great video on steps to remember dreams:
Some great ways to remember dreams are:
- Get a good nights sleep. Dreams occur in the later stages of sleep the REM cycle and you need to get a full 6-8 hours to entire this cycle of sleep. So get enough sleep to have dreams before you can remember dreams.
- Alcohol and sleep medication will inhibit good sleep and thus make it less likely to experience dreams to remember.
- When you wake up fix your gaze at a single object in the room and look at it as you think about what you dreamed of. This will help you remember dreams because if you get out of bed it shifts your mindset.
- Stay in the same position as when you woke up. If you woke up curled in a ball on your left side then stay there as you attempt to remember your dreams. Changing spots or moving around shifts your mindset.
- Put a note on your alarm clock and the note says, ‘What did you dream?’. This will help you remember dreams.
- Sleep with with a notepad or recorder next to your bed so when you wake up you can write it down right away to remember dreams. Also if you wake up in the middle of the night you can write down your dream and go back to sleep.
- Carry a recorder with you during the day as something that happens during the day may act as a brain trigger to remember dreams.
- If you are getting a good nights sleep and fall asleep easily you may set an alarm to gently wake you throughout the night so you can remember more dreams as you normally only remember the ones right after you wake up.
- Alarm clocks can startle you or shift your mindset if they have talking or songs so the best way is to wake up without an alarm or to have something gently wake you.
These are some great steps to remember dreams. I hope you watch the Youtube video above that explains these steps.
Also here is a link to find out what common dreams mean: Common Dream Meaning